Actually two bags! but I’ll post the other one later. Once I had the first one done having followed a pattern I wanted to see if I could do it “on the fly”.

I could. It was awesome.

Lets get back to topic… The desire for a new purse plus my impending lack of funds left me with a conundrum. Luckily I have a cabinet full of problem solving materials. And a friend who posts very helpful (and perfect) tutorial links!

This is my brand new bag.

image

As mentioned I followed a tutorial. This is an Osoberry Bag. And this is the tutorial I followed (pictures are excellent and VERY helpful for those of us that are visual learners). Here’s the link.

image

So as with everything I make I find something I want to change afterwards. With this it happened to be the strap. This was the original strap, all one piece and I probably just made it a bit too long so it had to be “fixed”.

image

I had a devil of a time finding these pieces because my local fabric store had just had a 50% off EVERYTHING and I was oblivious to it.

image

I made it adjustable and I’m liking the outcome. A lot.

image

My main fabric was a piece of Freebird by Momo that I’ve had kicking around for ages just waiting for the perfect project and the rest were large scraps of solids. I can see the buckle driving me nuts because it was a wee bit to big for the project so I am sure I will change it again at some point!

Advertisements